NYC MetroCard Calculator
|MTA Metrocard Fares Effective March 3, 2013|
- The base fare will increase to $2.50 (Reduced-Fare $1.25).
- The Pay-per Ride MetroCard Bonus Value will decrease to 5% and the minimum amount you must add in order to obtain the bonus will decrease to $5.00.
- Single-ride tickets will increase to $2.75.
- The 7-Day Unlimited Ride Pass will increase to $30.00.
- The 30-Day Unlimited Ride Pass will increase to $112.00.
- The base Express Bus fare will increase to $6.00 (Reduced-Fare $3.00 off-peak only)
- The 7-Day Express Plus Pass will increase to $55.00
- * An additional $1 will be charged for each new metrocard purchased (does not apply to replacing a damaged or expiring card, reduced fare cards and some other exceptions)
- For more information check the MTA New Fares page.
|The New Metrocard Fares At A Glance...|
- For $11.90 you will get EXACTLY 5 Pay Per Ride Trips (+ $.60 bonus equaling $12.50)
- For $19.05 you will get EXACTLY 8 Pay Per Ride Trips (+ $.95 bonus equaling $20.00)
- For $23.90 you will get 10 PPR Trips with a $.10 balance (+ $1.20 bonus equaling $25.10)
- For $30.95 you will get EXACTLY 13 Pay Per Ride Trips (+ $1.55 bonus equaling $32.50)
- For $35.75 you will get 15 PPR with a $.04 balance (+ $1.79 bonus equaling $37.54)
- For $47.65 you will get 20 PPR Trips with a $.03 balance (+ $2.38 bonus equaling $50.03)
- The 7-Day Unlimited Ride Pass will save you money if you make more than 12 trips per week.
- The 30-Day Unlimited Ride Pass will save you money if you make more than 47 trips per month.
If you were left with an odd MetroCard amount and you want to even up your Metrocard balance, you've come to the right place. Help for uneven MetroCard amounts, odd MetroCard balances, and uneven Metrocard balances.
The calculator below will tell you how to much to add to your NYC MetroCard balance in order to bring it to an exact amount or as close as possible (if no exact amount is found) based on the information you enter. Please note,
selecting the Bonus Only Calculation Type implies that you will minimally add $5.00.